This spring, the following Board of Directors positions will be filled in elections at the NEOEA Representative Assembly on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
NEOEA Unit 2 Representative
NEOEA Unit 3 Representative
NEOEA Unit 6 Representative
NEOEA Unit 10 Representative
OEA Higher Education Representative at-large
OEA/NEOEA Unit 1 Representative
OEA/NEOEA Unit 4 Representative
OEA/NEOEA Unit 7 Representative
Terms run from July 15, 2018, through July 14, 2021. Members interested in serving in any of these capacities should submit a letter of intent to the NEOEA office by Monday, February 5, 2018.
A vacancy in the position of OEA/NEOEA Unit 3 Representative will also be filled at the NEOEA Spring Representative Assembly. The term begins upon election and runs until July 14, 2020. Members interested in serving in this position should submit a letter of intent to the NEOEA office by Monday, February 5, 2018.
In order to help potential Directors understand the duties of this position, the Board of Directors has asked us to provide the following summary of the responsibilities associated with these positions.
1. Attend Board meetings (about eight a year), usually on Wednesdays or Saturdays.
2. Attend meetings of Board committees to which you may be appointed.
3. Attend meetings of an NEOEA committee if you are appointed as a Board liaison.
4. At least once a year, attend a meeting of each service council (UniServ Council) that includes your constituents.
5. Attend NEOEA programs, especially those sponsored by your own committee. (Directors attend most NEOEA functions for free.)
6. Attend the two NEOEA RAs held each year.